Monday 9 July 2012

Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson.

TIME TO READ: 3 Days
PAGES: 405 pages

SYNOPSIS:
 In book 3 of The Maximum Ride series, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

MY REVIEW:
CHARACTERS: 5 / 5
Max is one of my, if not my absolute, FAVOURITE female heroine of all time! I love reading about her powers, her snarky sarcastic attitude, her relationships with the flock and her inner struggles. The one thing I did not like about Max in the beginning was that she didn't share her thoughts and what was bothering her with the rest of the flock. But I can gladly say that I think this is changing. She is opening herself up more to the flock and to Fang. I was disappointed that there wasn't as much Fang & Max romance in this book but hopefully I'll encounter more in the next one.
All the flock are just awesome and you really grow to know and love them more and more with each instalment of the series.
Ari, we found out was Max's half brother, and I must say, I was actually quit sad to see him go. I grew attached to him in this novel as we really seen the young, naive, innocent boy who just wanted to be loved under all the horrible Eraser modifications. I felt so much empathy for him.
New villains introduced were; The Director- who I hated with a passion from his introduction, Omega- ass kicking evil robot boy, and the Flyboys- who I thought sounded so awesome but also so deadly.
Overall character- A+ rating !

PLOT: 5/5
The plot with every Maximum Ride series is gripping, action-packed and plain awesome. I have grown to expect this with every book I pick up, and thus far in the series I have not been disappointed. The plot this time round was very interesting. With the introduction of The Director and Itex, the plot and suspense seemed to become super fast paced and interesting. I loved reading the evil schemes of the Itex Corporation (Seriously James, how do you think of all this awesome-ness?!) , such as the "By-Half Plan", because it was so evil and who doesn't enjoy a good villain now and then? This book was just all round awesome. Really fast paced and definitely a page turner.

WRITING STYLE: 5/5
Patterson's writing style was an issue for me in the beginning. His short chapter's was insanely annoying as I read the first half of The Angel Experiment, But as I have read more and more of the series I have sort of gotten used to this and associate this with the series. Patterson should also be commended on his vivid descriptions, world and character building. He creates such vivid and unforgettable characters and places, that you are thinking of them long after you finish the book. He also writes very quotable books, with funny, short quips from the characters. Overall, James Patterson You're Fantastic!

OVERALL REVIEW:  15/15
A five star book, and favourite!
* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment