Thursday 19 June 2014

Review: The Taming Of The Tights by Louise Rennison

Series: The Misadventures Of Tallulah Casey #3
Pub. Date: July 4 2013 - Harper Collins
Source: Borrowed from Library

[Goodreads]          [Book Depository]

Blurb: Gadzooks! It’s another term at Dother Hall for Tallulah and her mates. But can they keep their minds on the arts with all those boys about…

After the thing-that-will-never-be-mentioned last term, Tallulah is keen to put all thoughts of Cain behind her. But that seems like that the last thing he wants.

Their performing arts college may have been saved by Honey’s mystery benefactor, but for how long is anyone’s guess. So will Tallulah finally get to wear those golden slippers of applause or will Dr Lightowler swoop down on her glory days?

And with Seth and Flossie forever snogging, Vaisey and Jack loved-up and Phil and Jo fondly biffing each other can Tallulah resist the call of her wild boy?

Don your craziest tights and Irish dance your way to some surprising and hilariously unexpected answers…



REVIEW: 

I grabbed this book up as soon as I seen it on the new books shelf in my library. I'm a huge Louise Rennison fan and love her Georgia Nicholson series which I read when I was 13. 

If you'd like to see my reviews of the previous books in the Misadventures Of Tallulah Casey series, click this link:    A Midsummer Tights Dream review

I really enjoyed this new instalment in the Misadventures Of Tallulah Casey series. I think these books, along with Rennison's other series the Georgia Nicholson series, would be the perfect books for any teenage girls. 

One thing I love about Louise Rennison's novels is her portrayal of friendship. I think she portrays friendship in such a realistic way. She really captures just how important it is for teenagers to have a good group of friends. I love Tallulah and her friends - they're all bonkers but so fun to read about. I loved reading about their fun at Dother Hall also.


I enjoyed the plot of the book. It was the perfect dash of light hearted fun and nonsense along with some romance and drama. I really enjoyed reading about the love triangle that seems to be developing in the novel. I really like Charlie, he's such a nice guy and I've always been rooting for him to end up with Tallulah....but in this novel we got to see a few different sides to Cain. I think he may be a more complex character than we've seen this far in the series. There was that scene were we got to see his more vulnerable side which made me change my mind about him....I don't know who I want Tallulah to be with anymore!

As always Louise Rennison's writing style was amazing. She is definitely the queen of teen comedy. Her books always have me in stitches as her characters get up to mad antics with their friends. One of the funniest parts of the novel was when we found out the principal of Woolfe Academy, who has only one leg, was called....Mr. Legge ! I actually burst out laughing. 

If you haven't read any of this series, or her Georgia Nicholson series, I can't recommend that you pick them up enough. Please pick them - they're amazing. 

It wasn't my favourite book in the series, I think the second book A Midsummer Tights  Dream was my favourite in the series so far. 


Rating: 

Four Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment