Wednesday 19 December 2018

Review: White Rabbit, Red Wolf by Tom Pollock

Publication Date: May 3rd 2018
Publisher: Walker Books
Source: Review Copy from Publisher

[ Goodreads ]          [ Book Depository

Blurb: 

Peter Blankman is afraid of everything and must confront unimaginable terror when his mother is attacked.

Seventeen-year-old Peter Blankman is a maths prodigy. He also suffers from severe panic attacks. Afraid of everything, he finds solace in the orderly and logical world of mathematics and i
n the love of his family: his scientist mum and his tough twin sister Bel, as well as Ingrid, his only friend. 


However, when his mother is found stabbed before an award ceremony and his sister is nowhere to be found, Pete is dragged into a world of espionage and violence where state and family secrets intertwine. Armed only with his extraordinary analytical skills, Peter may just discover that his biggest weakness is his greatest strength.
 

 You know the feeling where you are utterly caught up in a story and its characters you never want it to end? Well that is how I felt while reading this novel. Another huge thank you to Walker books for sending me a copy of this novel in exchange for my full honest review. 

This book is the kind of book that swallows you up and then spits you out! The novel centers around Peter, a math genus with severe anxiety disorder. When someone tried to assassinate is mother, his world is thrown into disarray. He must adapt and begin a journey to try to understand just why his world has been thrown into chaos. 



I absolutely loved this novel. It may be one of the best novels I've ever read. I was gripped from the very first page and could not stop reading it once I had started. Even when I was not reading, I found my mind straying to think of the novel, which was slightly problematic as I had my final exams at the time. 

The plot of the novel is surrounded by mystery, adventure, suspense and wonderful characters. There were so many twists and turns, the novel takes the reader on a journey which the path is curved and three dimensional. I think the best way to go into this novel is by knowing very little and having your mind blown while reading it. 

The characters are entirely three dimensional and brilliantly written. While reading it you begin to feel so connected to them while they begin to develop and react to their adventure. I loved Peter's character so much and his friendship with Ingrid. I also really enjoyed reading about the deep bond he has with his twin sister Bel, and their devotion to each other. 

This is definitely the book I will be recommending to everyone to read as soon as they can. Immediately after finishing it, my head was swimming with the story so much that I wanted to read it again. Definitely one of my favourites of the year, and possibly ever! Looking forward to reading more of Tom Pollocks future work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment