Publication Date: June 2026
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
[ Goodreads ]
Blurb: The water tower stands in darkness . . . I’ve seen its secrets now. I know the truth.
With summer camp ahead this August for Georgia, Wren and Billy, the students of Mayfield Academy are looking forward to kayaking on the lake, trails through the woods and evenings round the fire.
But when someone at camp suffers a fatal accident, Georgia is convinced that there’s more to what happened than meets the eye. As she and her friends investigate, they find themselves drawn to the spooky water tower next to camp – the scene of an unsolved mystery from years ago.
Could there be a connection between this past event and the present-day murder? And is life at summer camp about to turn even more deadly?
I have loved Sophie McKenzie since I first read Girl,Missing age 12 and have continued to dutifully read each of her new releases. Including, this new fun murder mystery series.
This book was written with the same warmth and fun as the previous. The characters are so well written with such personality and quirks that you can easily identify them. Our main group of besties leap from the page and into the readers hearts.
This installation in the series takes place at a summer camp where our gang are heading after the tough school year where they solved their teachers murder. Only now, another mysterious death takes place at camp! Lots of twists and turns, although I did guess most of them, kept me reading till the very last page.
I think this series would make a brilliant teenage tv show so if any script writers need inspo- please hit up Sophie McKenzie for rights to this series or her brilliant Girl Missing series it would be amazing.




No comments:
Post a Comment