Monday, 27 July 2026

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I HAD to Have Immediately but Still Haven’t Read

 Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I am so guilty of this one - buying or renting out books that I am desperate to read at the time and then for some reason leaving them to gather dust on my shelf! Hopefully this will be the push to actually read these books soon..


1) Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke

This book is EVERYWHERE at the moment and I requested it immediately after reading the blurb..but I still have not read it. I will hopefully be reading it very soon.

2) Half His Age by Jeannette McCurdy

After reading I'm Glad My Mom Died, I knew I would read her next book and to find out it was a fiction title - I needed it! I added it to my most anticipated books of the year and even got it as a christmas present..have I read it yet? No. 

3) Piper At The Gates of Dusk by Patrick Ness

A brand new sequel to one of my all time favourite series ever, The Chaos Walking trilogy and by an author I absolutely love - someone please push me into reading this ASAP. 


4) Watermelon by Marian Keyes

When I found out this Irish classic was being adapted into a tv series I immediately borrowed it from my library..that was over a year ago oops! I think I'll need to read it quick before I get into trouble. 


5) Bunny by Mona Awad

A book that has become almost an IT-GIRL staple and I still have yet to read it? Despite owning it for 6 years? Crazy. 


6) When The World Tips Over by Jandy Nelson

One of my favourite ever authors releases a new book after YEARS of no new material, I get sent a copy to read and I STILL procrastinate starting it?? WHY. 


7) The Big Lie by Julie Mayhew

Friday Brown is a book I always recommend to teenagers, and yet I still have let it be one of the only books I have read by the amazing Julie Mayhew.. That is on me. Hopefully will be reading it soon. 


8) Heartstream by Tom Pollock

I thought Tom Pollock's first novel White Rabbit Red Wolf was so incredibly unique and is another book I constantly recommend to teenagers too. Yet somehow I have had his second YA novel just sitting on my shelf collecting dust - disgraceful. 

9) Death of a Saint by Lily Herne

Dead Lands is probably up there in my top 50 novels I have ever read, and I have read a lot, and also one of my most read novels. Yet I have never actually managed to continue the series despite re-reading the first book in the series 5 times. Crazy! Maybe I need to actually stop re-reading book 1 and move onto book 2 finally. Only 13 years later..

10) Famesick by Lena Dunham

Another I rushed to get immediately on release day and still have not read..at least this one was released this year. Progress guys, progress. 


Any of these I should be rushing to read or avoiding completely? Let me know your thoughts below and share your links to your Top Ten Tuesday Lists too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment