So, I'm just back from seeing the Beautiful Creatures movie guys! The movie wasn't as good as I was hoping but I do feel that it would cater to someone who hadn't read the books.
Things I liked about Beautiful Creatures:
- The choice of actors. Jeremy Irons did an amazing job of getting into the role of Macon. He looked just how I'd imagined while reading the book. The acting for Lena and Ethan was so good. I felt that the chemistry was evident between the actors and they really broght the romance to life. Also Alden Ehrenreich was the perfect Ethan. He brought that character to life and he became the adorable Ethan Wate from the novel.
- The costumes were amazing for the movie. It really brought the gothic side of the story out. Although, why were Lena's family wearing some crazy head pieces at her claiming? I thought that was weird but the costumes of the other characters were really well done.
- The cinematography was excellent. The banquet scene was so well done and I loved the spinning effect. Also the court room scene was really well done .
- Another thing I liked about the movie was that if you hadn't read the novel you could still go and see the movie.
Things I didn't like about Beautiful Creatures:
- Link- Where was link? I felt like he was in the movie for two scenes. There was so funny link scenes or scenes showing Link and Ethan's friendship. I really missed that as Link is one of my favorite characters.
- Ethan's Dad- He wasn't in the movie. When they mentioned he doesn't leave his room, I remembered the scene where Ethan finds the scribbles and then his dad almost gets tricked into suicide. But then that didn't even happen. I was really dissapointed as that is one of the most memerable scenes to me.
- The Ending. I mean, what? Since when was Lena able to take peoples memories away? And since when is she able to defeat the most powerful dark Caster in the history of ever? PLOT HOLES! And then Ethan remembered at the end...what does this mean? Another movie?
- Also, what was there to fear from Sarafine ? I know she is evil but in the movie I didn't see anything harmful that she has done. She didn't get into Lena's head and make her writhe in pain like in the novel. She just seemed not that evil in the movie at all. I was very dissapointed with that.
So guys that is what I liked and disliked about the Beautiful Creatures movie. Let me know what you thought of the movie in the comments. I liked it, I thought it was okay but I don't think I'd ever watch it again.
Three Star movie * * *