Saturday 22 June 2013

My Clippings A.K.A My Kindle Quotes

Hello my dear bookish followers. I thought that a fun post idea would be for me to share with you the quotes from the "My Clippings" page of my Kindle. Basically, whenever you highlight something on your Kindle, the quote ends up here. I thought you might be interested in seeing some of my favourite quotes from my E-books. I think I'll do one of these every few months, depending on if I've been reading much on my Kindle or not. This one is a really long post as these are quotes and passages I've saved since I first got my Kindle a little more than a year ago.


  • "We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction" -Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  • "Is it because the fire is prettier by night? More spectacle, a better show? -Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • "A book is a loaded Gun" -Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • "Burn them all, burn everything. Fire is bright and fire is clean"- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • "There, Comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word- Man. Man is the only real enemy we have. Man from the scene, and the root cause of hunger and overwork is abolished for ever" -Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • "Man is the only creature that consumes without producing" -Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • "Why, work night and day, body and soul, for the overthrow of the human race! That is my message to you, comrades. Rebellion!" - Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • "Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings is a friend" -Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • "There was nothing now but a single Commandment. It ran: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS." -Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • "It is a truth universally acknowledged , that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." -Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • "The Idea of Mr.Collins, with all his solemn composure, being run away by his feelings made Elizabeth so near laughing" -Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • "We are small, but we are many. We are many, we are small. We were here before you rose. We will be here when you fall" -Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  • ""No" It said, "I'm not the other anything. I'm me." " -Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  • "You people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names." - Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  • "When you're scared, but you still do it anyway, that's brave" -Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  • "Oh- my twitchy witchy girl I think you are so nice, I give you bowls of porridge and I give you bowls of Ice Cream. I give you lots of kisses, and I give you lots of hugs, But I never give you sandwiches with bugs In " -Coraline by Neil Gaiman
  • "The Scary seven-year-old with a leadership complex"- Fang: A Maximum Ride novel by James Patterson
  • "..Looked like he'd been designed by Gods ' R ' Us. Except right now it was Trolls 'R' Us" -Fang: A Maximum Ride novel by James Patterson.
  • "Any fight was possible with Fang as my backup. Any trip was more fun." -Fang by James Patterson
  • "She smiled to herself but made sure to keep it off her face. This was why Max liked being the leader, she thought. It was amazing to figure out a plan and then have it work, just watch it fall into place. It was like playing chess, but with real people. And the endgame was about to start"- Fang by James Patterson.
  • "I love you, Fang" - Fang by James Patterson
  • "Being the leader means you have to make life or death decisions sometimes." -Fang by James Patterson
  • "I know I can't feel your touch, but I feel your love, Nora. Inside me. It means everything to me. I wish I could feel you the same way you feel me, but I have your love. Nothing will ever outweigh that."- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • "All boys are swines. They snog you and dump you. Or lick your face. Or put bats in your mouth".. - A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison
  • " "I was following you" "Is this the part where you tell me you're secretly in love with me? Vampire mojo strikes again" " -City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
  • "I..well, finally Chiron came out in his pyjamas and his horse tail in curlers and-" "He wears Curlers in his tail?" -Percy Jackson : the Titans Curse by Rick Riordan
  • "We all need to be mocked from time to time, my Lord Mormount, lest we start to take ourselves too seriously" - A Game Of Thrones by George R.R Martin
  • "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." -A Game Of Thrones by George R.R Martin
  • "Sleep is good", he said "And books are better". -A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin
  • "Someone should tell them that Stannis has changed his sigil. They can be the Hot Hearts." -A Clash of Kings by George R.R Martin
  • "Love is a poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same." -A Clash of Kings by George R.R Martin
  • "..but she liked to pretend that one of them was Joffrey's. She tried to picture how his pretty face would look dipped in tar. If I was a crow I could fly down and peck off his stupid fat pouty lips."-A Clash Of Kings by George R.R Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment