Sunday 4 November 2012

The Sea Of Monsters (PJ#2) by Rick Riordan

Blurb: 

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read instalment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each instalment. 
In this novel, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come..







I really loved this book. It took me all of 2 days to read this book!


So this book picks up where The Lightning Thief left off. I really enjoyed all the plot developments, the twists and turns that ended in such a cliffhanger! (Its a good thing I bought all the books!)

 I really enjoyed the plot. It was gripping and I could not put this book down. The plot also had that perfect adventure-story fast pace that I love.

The characters are some of my favourites. We have the PJ trio back- Percy,Annabeth & Grover. Percy has also befriended a Boy at his school that s bullied, who he later finds out is a cyclops and his half-brother. I loved Tyson so much in this book, I mean how can you not? He loves percy and was such a protective loving brother. He was adorable, and I have to admit , My eyes watered at a certain part with him near the end. 

(Also I just started following Percy Jackson blogs on Tumblr and- Percabeth?! OMG I ship it in this book totally!)

 Can't wait to see their relationship develop over the course of the series!


Rick Riordans writing style really allows the reader to connect to the characters and their world. I mean, I've only been reading the books for such a short time and I want to be in Camp Half Blood! I mean who wouldn't ?! I was also looking at Camp Half Blood T-shirts on ebay..heh heh heh.

In this book we also see Luke again. I mean in the movies , he is so handsome but in the books he is just evil! But I love a good villain.



No comments:

Post a Comment