Sunday 7 October 2012

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

(Warning: If You've Not Read The Other Books In The Series, Do Not Read This Review!)

PLOT: WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.
Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again?

MY Review:
Woah, This book did live up to my expectations, but I feel it let me down a small bit.
So, plot wise the pacing was OK. I was expecting a more fast paced beginning, especially judging from where the second book left off, but I felt the beginning was really slow. The pace did pick up about 100 + pages into the book but It was a little disappointing, in my opinion anyway. I felt half the book was just summing up the last two books and yes, I do realise that she had amnesia but still! I found that boring.  
The plot was gripping, especially all the action, Jev and the Kidnapper action twists. That was fun. It was a page-turner plot and apart from the slow start, I did enjoy (and devour) the book in a day.
The character development in this book was very well paced and written. Patch became a lot more mature and not as consumed by his love for Nora as seen in the other two books in the series. Nora became much more mature and I liked reading about all her vulnerability, not because I'm sadistic or anything, but I just felt it was written really well and showed a vulnerable and honest side to her character. Scott was a character that I did not like in the second book but I felt he redeemed his character in this book, he was a lot more honest and friendly. And Vee.. just Vee is awesome.  Yes so characters were well written, A+ Becca!
The writing style was pretty good . Becca Fitzpatrick writes from the teenage perspective in an honest way, that many teenage readers can relate to. Her writing is very beautiful and I feel this is most evident in the "Wing-scar-touching-flashbacks" scenes and Nora's dreams. Her writing makes you want to read on and on. I felt myself reading chapter after chapter until I was finished the book. The book was very good and I felt it tied in with the series well. The cover art is amazing also, just sayin'! Apart from the slow beginning, that I felt just repeated everything from the last two books, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. If you've read the previous two books, pick up this book, the third in the series, as the fourth and final book is coming out soon!

Rating:
Four star book ( would have been a five star rating if the start had been a tad faster in pace!)
* * * *


(Side Note: The Fourth and Final book entitled "Finale" is out on the 23 of October!)

No comments:

Post a Comment