Tuesday 27 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Wrap Up


Hello bookworms / booklions, I know I've been a little MIA recently but I have not been in a reading slump. Actually, the polar opposite. I've been participating in a readathon . The Bout Of Books Readathon 8.0 to be exact. 


The Bout of Books readathon was a week long event, running from the 19 to the 25 of August. The Readathon was created by Amanda from Bout of Books.  

I know I could give you some info on the readathon, but I'm going to post what Amanda says as she has summed it up very well : 


  • Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
  • It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
  • How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
  • Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
  • Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.

I loved using the Twitter hashtag, I'm very new to Twitter, and the readathon helped me interact with so many new and old followers. I've definitely made some Twitter friends. (Follow me @Shannonbookworm .)


Wrap Up Stats. :


Day 1-   

On Day 1 of the readathon, I went into it very relaxed. I didn't set myself any real goals as I didn't want to feel under pressure while reading as this was probably the last bit of relaxed reading I'll have for a while as I started school again today. 


On Day 1, I managed to get through 187 pages of Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield. I really did not want to stop reading it. It was a good book for the readathon.




Day 2- 


On Day 2, I managed to finish Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield. 

I read 143 pages on Day 2. I really loved the book.

Click Here to see my review of Friday Brown.






Day 3- 






On Day 3, I spent the day reading Manga. 

Manga is something I loved from the age of 11 to 14 but sort of forgot about . I thought I would try and pick manga up again, especially after seeing the amazing manga related stuff at Dublin Comic Con this year. 

I have read Bleach a few years ago, so I decided on that. I refreshed my memory on the storyline with the help of the anime, youtubers and wikipedia. I read volumes 30, 31 & 32 of the manga in one day. 

On this day I read 576 pages of manga. 



Day 4- 

On Day 4,  I had hoped to read August by Gabrielle Lord, the 8th book in the Conspiracy 365 series, and get halfway through another book.              Sadly this was not the case as I was very busy on this day and only managed to complete August. This book added 179 pages to my overall total. 

Day 5, Day 6, Day 7- 

 The Last 3 days of the readathon were okay. I didn't get as much reading done as I would have hoped to have gotten completed. In the last three days, days 5, 6, 7, I only completed one book.  I finished Vivian Versus The Apocalypse by Katie Coyle, an ARC which will be released September 5 by Hot Key Books. Stats: Day 5- I read 120 pages,                    Day 6- I read 85 pages,          Day 7- I read 78 Pages. 



Total Stats: 

Total Pages Read: 1318 pages

Total Books Completed: 6 books (3 being manga)

Avg. Pages Read per day: 188.2 pages. 




Find me on: 

Goodreads |  Twitter (@Shannonbookworm)  | Facebook |  Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment