Sunday 1 July 2012

City Of Bones By Cassandra Clare

Blurb: 


When fifteen year old clary heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder—much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It’s hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing—not even a smear of blood—to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
This is Clary’s first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It’s also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace’s world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...


Okay, now this is what i'm talking about! Clary Fray is one of the most BA heroine's I have ever read. She is smart, courageous and stands up for what she believes in. I also loved her sarcasm and her attitude, which I thought provided the book with humour and made her a very fun character. I loved her relationship with Jace and with Luke.


Jace was another badass character. I loved his family, Isabelle and Alec. I though the three of them  as they were so close as a family, even though they were not "real" family. I loved Jace's Character, the way he was so obsessed with being a Shadowhunter . I also liked seeing Jace's vulnerable side, the way he spoke about losing his father and his family, I mean c'mon who didn't get misty eyed at the falcon story? I also loved his relationship with Clary, they have such a strong bond/connection.


Simon.... Hmm . It's not that I didn't like Simon, I did, It's just that I thought him to be the odd one out of the book. Clary fits in with Jace and the Shadowhunter's and Simon is sort of left out. I did feel bad for him in the beginning. But after he saves them from the Demons with the Bow and arrow, I realised that I did like him. 


Woah, Cassandra Clare, why did you waste time writing for celebrity magazines when you had this much talent?! Why hadn't I heard of this book before? Boy, I was missing out on such an awesome experience! 

The writing in this book is though provoking, imaginative, gripping, vivid and just plain butt-kickingly awesome ! Seriously, if you have not read this, What are you waiting for?! Cassandra Clare you are my Hero! The plot was so amazing. I don't think this book could be compared to anything because, for me, it is in a league of its own. 

This fantasy novel is action and romance filled, when they are not slaying demons there is swoon-worthy romance seems that would warm anyone's heart.This plot was fast paced that I could not put this book down and stayed up very late to finish this, which by now you will realise I do often with good books. 




No comments:

Post a Comment